Hello Bloggers,
I am going to give a brief intro to the pony I am training now and then get started on how I started her and how she is proggressing.
Butter Cup is a 2 year old miniature horse. Her mom Gigit had a rough time foaling, due to being older and we didn't know she was in foal when we got her. The vet save their lives and they were doing good, until we tried to wean the baby at 1 year old. The momma stopped eating and almost died, so we chose to keep them together for another year, until they were both stronger. Since Butter Cup is old enough to start ground work, I have decided to slowly start weaning her from her mom.
The first time I took her away from her mom, she rolled and reared and squealed. I just kept working and didn't pay attention to the unwanted behavior and soon she settled down. From the time she was born, we had our hands all over her and so halter breaking her a year ago was a breeze.
I put the halter on and taught her that when I pulled and she gave to the pressure I gave back. Now I will be posting the training sessions that I have with her and what I accomplish. This is the 2 year old filly. The only bad quirk she has right now is biting and that is because when she was little we let her groom our arms, because it was cute, but now she has teeth! So we are breaking her slowly from that habbit.
No comments:
Post a Comment